“For he raised us from the dead along with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms because we are united with Christ Jesus. So God can point to us in all future ages as examples of the incredible wealth of his grace and kindness toward us, as shown in all he has done for us who are united with Christ Jesus.” Ephesians 2:6-7
To follow up and move us forward, we again read that because we are united or are “IN” Christ ( again, a key word and concept when understanding Ephesians), God has 1. Raised us from the dead when He rose &
2. Positionslly seated us in the heavens with (in) Him! Because of this, “God can point to us in all future ages as examples of the incredible wealth of his grace and kindness toward us, as shown in all he has done for us who are united with Christ Jesus.” Paul was saying that God could us them examples of how great His grace (unearned and undeserved favor) is!
This is a lot to process but here it is simply put:
1. Our sin separated us from having a relationship with God, thus we were “lost” or “dead” in sin.
2. Jesus became a man (still God, but in man skin) lived perfectly on earth, qualifying Him as a perfect sacrifce for our sin.
3. Jesus was crucified (executed) on the cross to take the punishment for all of our sin.
4. Jesus rose from the dead, defeating sin’s worst and ultimate consequence, “death” and hell!
5. As I recieved God’s gift of life thru Jesus, I now have a personal relationship with God, IN CHRIST!
7. God considers me to be raised from my state of being dead in sin, when Jesus rose from the dead bc I am now alive IN CHRIST!
8. I’m also considered by God, to be seated with Christ, in Heaven bc I am IN CHRIST!
9. I bring God glory bc I am an example or trophy of how Good He is and of His grace!
ALL of this is mine because I am IN CHRIST!
That’s lots to process, but is a small summary of how GOOD GOD is, how GREAT GRACE is and how COMPLETE His work is in me!
Are you IN CHRIST today?
Think about it!