“When I think of all this, I fall to my knees and pray to the Father, the Creator of everything in heaven and on earth. I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will empower you with inner strength through his Spirit. Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong. And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is. May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God.”
Paul continues his letter to the Ephesians: “When I think of all this”: God’s plan of including both Jews and non-Jews alike into His family called the Church, His Body, what this had cost Jesus and even himself to accomplish and to use the Church, us, His Body to touch and world and explain Who He is to the world . . . “When I (Paul), think of all this, “I fall to my knees and pray to the Father, the Creator of everything in heaven and on earth.” Here’s his prayer:
1. From His “glorious, unlimited resources” He will empower you with inner strength from Holy Spirit, Who now lives within you.
2. That “Christ will make His home in your hearts as you trust in Him”
3. That your life’ roots will “grow down into God’s love and keep you strong”
4. That as every child of God should, you will understand with comprehension how wide, long, high, and deep His love is (even though it’s really too great to understand) and that you’ll experiance that love
5. And that, as a result of experiencing God’s love, “you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God.”
What an amazing prayer! I pray this over each of you this morning! I encourage you to pray it over someone God orchestrates with you seeing today!
Think (& pray) about it!